Achieve unparalleled protection for your wooden floors and furniture with Osmo Polyx Hardwax Oil Clear. Formulated with a blend of natural oils and waxes, this exceptional product offers the utmost durability, ensuring your wood stays pristine for years to come.
Experience the true beauty of your wood as Osmo Polyx-Oil emphasizes its grain and natural characteristics, creating a warm and luxurious effect that adds an elegant touch to any interior. With each wood possessing its own unique style and charm, Osmo Polyx-Oil captivates from the very first glance.
- Extremely durable and hardwearing
- Highly resistant to water and dirt
- Enhances the wood’s natural character
- Guards against common liquid spillages like water, juice, tea, cola, and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, making it suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish that remains crack, peel, and flake-free
- Spot repairs and future applications require no sanding
- Dry Time: 8-10 hours
- Application Tools: Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush, Hand Pad, or Microfibre Roller
- Clean-Up: Osmo Brush Cleaner
- Recommended Use: Interior wooden floors and furniture
- Coverage: 24 m²/L
- Coats: 2 coats
- Recoat: Apply one coat when signs of wear become visible
- Care: Use Osmo Wash and Care or Spray-Mop for maintenance
To ensure optimal results, follow these steps for surface preparation before applying Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original:
- Clean the wood surface: Ensure that the wood surface is clean, dry, and free from frost. The moisture content should not exceed 18%.
- Stir well: Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original is ready to use and should not be thinned. Before application, stir the product thoroughly using a flat stirring stick or spatula.
- Remove old stains, paints, and lacquers: Thoroughly clean any existing microporous stains. Completely remove old paints and lacquers. It is recommended to wear a dust mask during sanding works. For small cracks, larger joints, or holes in the wood, use Osmo Wood Filler.
- Sand wood surfaces: Carefully sand the wood surfaces, starting with coarse sandpaper. Use P120-150 grit sandpaper for flooring and P180-240 grit for furniture. After sanding, remove any sanding dust from the surface using a broom or vacuum.
- Trial application: Keep in mind that the finished surface is influenced by various factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, it is always recommended to conduct a trial application, especially on unfamiliar surfaces.
Method of Application:
Follow these application instructions for optimal results:
- Choose an application method: You can apply Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original using an Osmo Flat Brush, Floor Brush, Oil Finish Applicator Fleece (Hand Pad Holder), or Osmo Microfibre Roller.
- Apply thinly along the wood grain: Apply the oil thinly along the direction of the wood grain and ensure even coverage. Spread the oil well for consistent results.
- Allow drying time: Let the first coat dry for approximately 8-10 hours. It’s essential to provide good ventilation during this drying period.
- Apply the second coat: After the initial drying period, apply a second coat thinly and evenly. Quick application is recommended for best results.
- Full curing time: The surface will be fully cured within 2-3 weeks. Once cured, the wood will be protected and ready for use.
Note: When renovating or recoating an already oiled surface, a single coat applied to a clean and dry surface is typically sufficient.
By following these surface preparation and application guidelines, you can achieve the best possible outcome when using Osmo Polyx®-Oil Original for your wooden surfaces.
looring and furniture.
You may also like…