To unlock its full potential, follow these essential steps for meticulous surface preparation:
- Surface Condition: Ensure your wood surface is pristine – clean, dry, and free from frost, with a moisture content not exceeding 20%.
- Ready for Application: Osmo Opaque Gloss Wood Stain is prepped and ready for use – no need to thin it. Prior to application, stir the product well to achieve a uniform consistency.
- Microporous Stains: Address old microporous stains meticulously. For old paints and lacquers, complete removal is essential. During sanding, wear a dust mask to protect yourself.
- Trial Application: Recognize that the wood’s condition impacts the final outcome. It’s recommended to conduct a trial application, particularly on unfamiliar surfaces.
- Additional Protection: Should you desire extra protection against blue stain, rot, and insects, pre-treat the wood on all sides with Osmo WR Base Coat if possible.
Method of Application:
- Select Your Tool: Choose between the Osmo Flat Brush or Osmo Microfibre Roller for application.
- Application Technique: Apply the wood stain thinly and evenly along the wood grain. Ensure complete coverage and spread well.
- Drying Time: Allow the first coat to dry for approximately 10-12 hours under proper ventilation.
- Second Coat Application: After the initial drying period, apply a second coat, again ensuring it’s thinly spread.
- Renovation Projects: If you’re restoring surfaces, one coat applied to a clean and dry surface is typically sufficient.
Elevate your wood surfaces with the captivating allure of Osmo Opaque Gloss Wood Stain. Prepare meticulously, apply diligently, and witness enduring beauty.