The Bona Primer is a versatile product that produces a white tint look on wood surfaces.
Bona White Primer is a waterborne primer specifically designed for untreated wood floors, aiming to create a whitewashed look on lighter wood species. Here is some information about its key benefits and usage:
To achieve the desired appearance, the intensity and depth of the whitewashed color can be controlled by adjusting the number of primer applications. For the best results, it is recommended to combine Bona White Primer with compatible Bona top coats such as Traffic HD Raw, Traffic HD Extra Matt, or Bona Mega ONE Extra Matt. These top coats will enhance the appearance and provide a durable finish to protect the wood floor.
By using Bona White Primer, you can transform your untreated wood floors into a beautiful whitewashed look. Its easy application and low indoor air emissions make it a reliable choice for creating an elegant and environmentally friendly flooring solution.
1.Shake the container well before use and insert the supplied filter. Before use Bona White must be filtered through a fine external strainer so as to minimize the potential for undispersed lumps / particles being applied to the floor. Pour the finish into a clean dry container.
2. Apply Bona White evenly, finishing with the grain, using a Bona Roller (microfiber/fleece) or T–bar applicator at approx. 10–12 m²/lit and avoid accumulations of product.
3. When dry (approx. 2–3 hours), abrade gently using the Bona Scrad System and Wing grit 150 or finer. Diamond Abrasives grit 120 are also suitable. This should be done after each application to reduce grain raising and to even out minor colour variations.
4. Remove all sanding dust before overcoating
5. If a more intense white look is desired multiple layers of Bona White can be made. Please note, using multiple applications may “hide” the grain pattern of the wood.
6. Finish the treatment with a minimum one layer of Traffic HD Raw, Traffic HD Extra Matt or Bona Mega ONE Extra Matt. It is recommended that all floors in commercial locations receive 2 applications of the finishing product.