Bona Rich Tone is a pre-treatment product designed to create rich, dark brown color effects on oak floors. It is waterborne, odorless, and fast-drying, ensuring a convenient application process. With its ability to be combined with Bona Mix Colour and its compatibility with Bona Craft Oil and Bona Hard Wax Oil, it offers customization and flexibility in achieving the desired color effect and level of protection.
Base: Alkaline solution
Category: Pre-treatment, 1-comp
Drying time: 1-2 h (between applications)
Application tools: Oil application sleeve
Coverage: 8-10 mý/lit and application
1. Using an oil application sleeve, apply one even layer of Bona Rich Tone in the direction of the wood (8–10 m2/litre (120–100 g/m2). Overlap wet–on–wet.
2. If more intensity is desired or if the first application is uneven, it is possible to apply a second layer after 1–2 hours.
3. Allow the final application to dry for 5–10 hours
4. Gently sand the surface with a Bona Scrad Pad attached under a buffing machine (low rpm). Move the machine quickly and systematically.
5. Vacuum to remove dust.
6. Protect the surface by applying either Bona Craft Oil or Bona Hardwax Oil, see section “Treatment Schedule”. Allow drying overnight between each application.